Thursday 15 January 2009

Away I go!

After a year of thinking and planning, the day has come when I depart for Uganda. Only 9 hours to go and I'll be on the plane and I am nervous and excited at the same time. I started the Malaria tablets yesterday and thankfully there have been no side-effects, so I am off to a good start! I've just been into town and bought my builders gloves so I can lay bricks without breaking a nail and made sure I have enough foreign currency. Now I am finishing packing and ticking off my mental/paper lists to make sure I've got of everything.

I hope to update this a little whilst I am in Kampala - there are internet cafes around I am told, however it depends on whether we have time to get to one that will determine how often I write here. If there isn't much added in the next two weeks, there certainly will be when I get back!

Thanks for all the prayer and support everyone is giving me, it has provided me with extra confidence and anticipation of good things to come. I look forward to sharing news with you shortly.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hi Andrea,
I am praying for your safety on this trip and for powerful encounters with God,
much love from Teresa xxx